Week_03: Solid Posing Challenge

I used Bony Character Rig to pose 6 poses, which including playing football, jumping, punching action poses and sitting, fear and happy drama poses.

I firstly searched human poses on the internet. After selected poses that I am satisfied with, I then analysed the anatomy of these poses. I paid more attention to the rotation of clavicle, hip, waist and the center of gravity.

The secong part is building poses. When I creating action poses, I tend to move the center of gravity away from main body, which can help people feeling the weight of actions. When I creating drama poses, however, I paid more attention to the balance among different parts of the body and make use of body gestures to show charactor’s emotion status.

After making the prototype of poses I then spent more time to polish them. I adjusted these poses again and again to get proper silhouettes, which are quite essential for the level of appearance of poses. I also made some small objects like football and sofa, putting them in proper positions to make character’s actions clearer than before.

Then comes to the lighting part. I used an Ai dome light and three Ai area lights to illuminate my scenes.

lighting & Staging

Below are my six poses. Rendered with Arnold:

Action Poses/References:

Playing Football Pose:

Playing Football Pose
Reference

Jumping Pose:

Jumping Pose
Reference

Punching Pose:

Punching Pose
Reference

Drama Poses/References:

Sitting Pose:

Sitting Pose
Reference

Fear Pose:

Fear Pose
Reference

Happy Pose:

Happy Pose
Reference