Week_01: Motion capture_01

This week we learned the basic of motion capture with Anna. Basically, motion capture is something that can be used to capture real human movement data, which can be applied to other rigged models to make a realistic animation, which is quite efficient.

Tony weared the motion capture clothes on and did some actions like dancing or fighting, and the result can be seen on the screen in real-time, which is quite amazing. However, this suit can only capture the body(without hands) movements so that we cannot see how motion capture works on human face and hands, which is a pity.

From my point of view, I think motion capture is really handy, which helps animators focusing on more detailed works rather than something like setting keys. However, I still think that hand-made animations are irreplaceable because only animators can manage the details of facial expression or gestures, and make the animation more artistic. In brief, motion capture can be considered as a useful tool, but it still has limitations.