Week_06: Character rigging

This week I finished character rigs for project01.

Since the time is quite limited, I choose to use ADV rig plugin as the tool to rig these characters. The setting of the rig is quite simple, I just need to make sure that the rig has a good skin weight and can be exported to game engines.

The painting of skin weight took me some time to finish. Our character has too many props on his body so that some of the skin weights are hard to deal with, especially the armpit and neck areas. I finally solved problems and finished the body rig.

Here is a walking test in ADV. Only a little bit of mesh crossing problem can be seen in the test, which is just fine:

Another character is the main character’s partner. Both of these characters wore same clothes. Therefore, I asked Zhenzhong to just replace the second character’s head so that I can easily copy the skin weight from the main character to the second one.

It took me 2-3 days to finish these characters’ rig. The next part is to finish the monster’s eye rig. What’s more, I will export the environment to maya this week so that we can start to make our animations and cameras.