Week_09: Rendering & Compositing & Editing

This week I focused on rendering all the scenes that I am responsible for and compositing these shots.

Part of our shots are rendered in maya arnold and others are rendered in Unreal Engine.

I used Nuke to composite maya-rendered scenes. As for the UE scenes, I adjusted colors and contrast by using the post-process volume in Unreal Engine and then did a simple compositing in Nuke.

I chose greenish blue as the key color of these shots. Therefore, I used grade node and colorcorrect nodes to adjust the color and contrast. I also use the exported Z depth channel to add depth of field. After that I added motion blur, vignette and camera grain to these shots.

Color style that I want

After that I combined all the shots and edit them in PR. Zhenzhong has already set the initial editing file for us. Therefore, I can replace the assets in his file and finish the editing very quickly. I just changed part of shots length to make the rhythm more satisfiying. I also used slow motion and other methods to cover up some animation flaws.

Then I exported the finial video. The quailty of it is quite satisfying. I really like the rhythm and atmosphere in the final trailer. The final video will be posted on the submission post.