Holiday_Week_05: Texturing & Rigging

This week I finished the other part of texturing. And mostly focusing on riggings.

I textured some props and covered them with blood, since some scenes need to be blooded to create a sense of horror and disgust.

Fortunately, some props in the scene don’t need to be textured in detail. I just need to unfold the UV carefully and put textures into their materials, which saved some time and energy for me.

After I finished texturing, I started to set up rigs. What I need to rig in this project is some props, the character’s face and body.

I firstly rigged the most difficult part: character whole body rig. I started with the body, which is not a big task for me because I have done this several time in the former projects. It took me several hours to set up controllers and paint skin weights for the body. After that I started to rig the face. What I want is a character which can show complex facial expressions. Therefore, based on the research in my FMP thesis, I set up a facial rig based on FACS (Facial Action Coding System). Since the time and my technique are limited, I cannot set up a cinematic level rig, so I did a easier version. It took me days to make the action unit blendshapes and paint skin weights, which can be really struggled. Finally, I finished it, and the result looks good.

After I finshed the character rig, I turned to rig some props in my scenes.

The rig of printer took me some time to finish, since it is an important object in this project.

I also rigged something like laptop, vending machine, doors, clock, etc.