Week_05: Refine Texturing & Improve the scene

This week I still focusing on the textures and models of our scene.

I did a further research on the color key in our scene and find some useful references:

Firstly, I remade the floor texture this week because the old texture, which is made based on real textures, has less useful details and the color is not good enough for the scene. Therefore, I used Substance Designer to make a simple wooden floor texture. The details in this texture is simplified, which looks more like a cartoon style floor. It seems that the color of it needs to be adjusted, which will be finished next week.

I also find a better water pot reference for our scene, which has a more colorful and untraditional outward. I modeled the pot, textured it and did a simple rig.

Since our character need to break something inside the kitchen, I added some bottles and plates into our scene. The color of these bottles still need to be adjusted and I will finish it next week.

In next week we will start to add lights into the scene and keep refining our textures, shaders and models. We will test the environment and process to figure out a proper method for our further rendering works.